APMG Agile PM Foundation and Practitioner
The APMG Aglile PM course is available to be delivered over 3 days (Foundation only) or 4.5 days (Foundation & Practitioner)
Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern – the only agile approach to focus on delivery of projects in a fully agile way – the AgilePM® certification provides users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, whilst allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide.
Using a set of established and proven components that provide a holistic approach to the management and governance of projects, AgilePM® has an overarching philosophy and guiding principles, together with a lifecycle and a set of deliverables to be created and maintained as the project progresses from a controlled start through to completion. It provides clearly defined roles with specific responsibilities designed to bring together all the stakeholders involved in the project, and allows the successful delivery of agile projects in organisations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around project management.
The APMG Agile PM course is suitable for anyone who currently is or going to be working in a project environment. It is particularly suitable for those who wish to work in a more agile way and the course is appropriate for any role within a project organisation.
Classroom and virtual. This course is not available in our public schedule but is available for on-site delivery.
Our APMG virtual classroom training courses and exams are delivered via the APMG’s own platform.
Our course tutors for both classroom and virtual courses are practising business change professionals with at least 5 years training delivery experience.
What is included?
- 3 or 4.5 day tutor led training course
- APMG Agile PM Foundation and Practitioner examination, taken at the end of third day and mid-afternoon on the final day of the course
- Sample exam paper taken and assessed with support and guidance from the course tutor
- Experienced tutors who have also worked on business change projects for at least 10 years
- Case studies and exercises to apply techniques learnt
- Post-course access to careers advice from practising business analysts
On completing the APMG Agile PM course delegates will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- How to lay the foundations for successful agile projects
- How an agile project is managed
- The agile project lifecycle
- The different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to “traditional” projects)
- The roles and responsibilities within an agile environment
- The key documents that can help manage an agile project
- How agile can be tailored to meet the needs of particular projects
- How to prepare for the AgilePM® examinations
The APMG Agile PM training course is made up of two parts. The first 3 days cover all the elements of AgilePM® in preparation for the Foundation exam and specifically cover the following:
- Choosing the right approach
- The basics of agile project management
- Roles and responsibilities
- Preparing for an agile project
- The factors that lead to success
- How to manage an agile project
- Agile lifecycles
- Processes and Products
- Communication in an agile project
- Iterative development
- Prioritisation and Time boxing
- Maintaining control in an agile project
- Managing risk
- Requirements and estimating
- Agile planning
- Building in quality
The last day of the course looks at the application of AgilePM® and enables delegates to become familiar with the structure of the Practitioner exam and specific exam techniques.
Click here to visit the APMG website for more information.
For a BCS accredited Project Management training course which forms part of the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis click here.
There is no specific pre-course reading that is required to be completed and delegates will be provided with the Agile PM Handbook.
At the end of each day (apart from the last), there is approximately 2 hours of evening work for delegates to complete.
APMG Examination and Accreditation Details
The APMG Agile PM course includes the Foundation exam, which is taken during the afternoon of the 2nd day of the course and the Practitioner exam, which is taken during the afternoon of the 5th day.
The Foundation exam is a closed book, 1-hour multiple-choice exam where delegates are required to achieve a minimum of 30 correct answers out of 60 to be awarded a pass. Please note that passing this exam is a pre-requisite for sitting the Practitioner exam.
The Practitioner exam is an open book, 2-hour objective test exam set against a scenario. There are 4 complex multiple-choice questions with 15 marks being available for each question. Delegates are required to achieve a minimum of 30 out of 60 marks (50%) to be awarded a pass.
An exam requirement is that delegates must show photo ID to the trainer during the course e.g. Passport, Driving Licence.
This course is run in collaboration with our accredited APMG training partner, Real World Training Ltd.
To organise delivery of this course
For more information, or to arrange the APMG Agile PM training course for your organisation please contact Peter Kovacs on 0207 112 8982 or e-mail Quotes@BA-Solutions.co.uk