Process Modelling and Process Improvement
This course is only currently available for on-site delivery. If you would like to arrange this course for a group of delegates from your organisation then please contact us.
This course is not run in our public course schedule.
If you would like to attend a public scheduled process modelling course then please see our BCS Modelling Business Processes training course page.
Process Modelling & Process Improvement - Course Overview
This two day course focuses on the investigation, documentation and improvement of business processes.
BPMN v1.2 is taught as the process diagramming technique during this course.
Process Modelling & Process Improvement - Intended Audience
This course is suitable for Business Analysts, Consultants and Project Managers with minimal experience of process modelling and business process improvement. It is a practical, skills based course and does not include an examination.
Process Modelling & Process Improvement - Course Objectives
By the end of the course, delegates should have achieved:
- An understanding of why and when process modelling is used
- Skills in process modelling techniques and how to apply them
- The ability to draw consistent, high-quality BPMN process diagrams
- The ability to analyse processes and identify improvements
- The ability to implement process improvements
- An understanding of how processes and requirements are inter-related
- An ability to identify issues that cause process problems
Process Modelling & Process Improvement - Course Structure
- Introduction to Business Process Modelling
- Objectives and drivers for process modelling/improvement
- Diagram Types – Business Process, Functional, Procedural
- BPMN diagramming
- Diagramming standards and levelling
- Logical and Physical Processes
- Writing process descriptions
- Process Goals and Outcomes
- Analysing process effectiveness
- Analysing process efficiency
- Measuring process performance (metrics)
- Implementing business process change
- Skills Profiling and staff issues
- Summary and Conclusions
The course is highly interactive and delegates are encouraged to learn through group exercises including a case study.
Process Modelling & Process Improvement - Recommended Reading
There is no recommended pre-reading for this course
Process Modelling & Process Improvement - Course Information
The duration of this course is two days. Courses run daily from 9.00 am until 5.30 pm. There is no examination. Please contact us for a quote to hold this course on-site.