Introduction to Business Analysis
Our Introduction to Business Analysis training course is available to be delivered on-site at your organisation at a time to suit you.
If you are an individual looking for a public training course an alternative introductory level course available in our public course schedule is the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis.
This two day business analysis training course gives an overview of the role of the Business Analyst and an introduction to the tools and techniques used to complete business analysis in order to facilitate change within an organisation.
Business Analysts are responsible for identifying change needs, assessing the impact of the change, capturing and documenting requirements and then ensuring that those requirements are delivered whilst supporting the business through the implementation process.
The course is suitable for those who:
- have recently started working as a Business Analyst
- are expected to complete some business analysis work as part of their role, but may not be a full time Business Analyst
- work with Business Analysts and want to understand more about what they do
By the end of the course the attendee will be able to:
- Understand and justify the role of the Business Analyst
- Describe the Business Analyst's relationships with other business and IT stakeholders
- Understand the project lifecycle and the BA's role within it (including how this is affected by approaches such as Agile)
- Understand the importance of project definition and scope
Understand and apply the basic principles and rules of business analysis
- Understand and apply basic process modelling techniques (a short overview of BPMN is provided)
- Understand the different types of requirement and the need for requirements documentation
- Elicit and document functional and non-functional requirements
- Module 1 - Introduction to the Business Analyst Role
- Module 2 - Defining a Project
- Module 3 - Requirements Definition
- Module 4 - Beyond Requirements (Managing Delivery)
- Module 5 - Review
There is no pre-reading for this course.
The duration of this course is two days. Courses run from 9.30 - 4.30 both days
This is a practical, skills based course and does not include an exam.
To Arrange This Course
To arrange an Introduction to Business Analysis training course for your organisation please contact us. You can call us on 0207 112 8982 or e-mail Bev@Ba-Solutions.co.uk