Fundamentals of Business Analysis - Including BCS Requirements Engineering
Course Dates, Location & Prices
This 5-day business analysis training course focuses on learning practical business analysis skills that can be used in the workplace. It also includes the BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering, which is taken on the final afternoon of the course.
|23-27 April 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Fully Booked|
|14-18 May 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||1 Place Remaining|
|18-22 June 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Places Available|
|30 July - 3 August 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Places Available|
|1-5 October 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Places Available|
|5-9 November 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Places Available|
|3-7 December 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Places Available|
Discounts available on this course when it is taken as part of the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
Fundamentals of Business Analysis - Course Overview
This 5-day business analysis training course focuses on learning practical business analysis skills that can be used in the workplace. Course delegates should be able to return to their working environments and work as an effective Business Analyst, immediately adding value and building effective relationships with project stakeholders.
The course focuses on learning how to do business analysis in the real world. It also covers the whole of the BCS syllabus for the certificate in Requirements Engineering, so delegates have the option of taking this exam at the end of the course.
Our Fundamentals of Business Analysis course is suited to Business Analysts recently placed in the role or to Business Analysts who have been performing the role for some time but have never received any formal training.
It is suitable as an introduction for anyone thinking about moving into the Business Analysis role or for other change management professionals wanting to gain a more in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Business Analyst.
The course is also suitable for experienced business analysts as it:
Provides a reinforcement session for those Business Analysts who have been doing the job for many years but have never received formal training
- Provides a ‘standard’ approach to be adopted by teams who might currently be using a mix of different techniques and deliverables
Can be used as a tool for uncovering and addressing issues faced by existing Business Analysts or Business Analyst teams
Covers the BCS Requirements Engineering syllabus in full so is the start point for the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
The course is also suited to individuals embarking on a career in change management, IT or project management, as it provides a useful insight into the project lifecycle and the need for robust requirements and a rigorous and methodical approach.
By the end of the course the Business Analyst will be able to:
- Integrate into a project team environment with an understanding of their role, key responsibilities and relationship with fellow project members
- Work with business stakeholders to gather and document different types and levels of requirement
- Work with business stakeholders to define, scope and initiate a project
- Understand how project approaches such as Agile affect the BA role
Break-down complex business scenarios or problems into process and data models
- Validate requirements by producing Use Cases and assess requirements against defined quality criteria
- Apply end-to-end thinking to complex business and system problems to ensure 'right first time' documentation and solutions
- Work with stakeholders to develop optimum solutions to defined requirements
- Confidently present findings to business users and their project team
- Module 1 - Introduction to the Business Analyst Role
- Module 2 - Project Definition and Scoping
- Module 3 - Interviewing and fact finding
- Module 4 - Requirements Definition
- Module 5 - Process Modelling
- Module 6 - Data Modelling
- Module 7 - Ensuring Requirements Quality
- Module 8 - Managing Delivery
- Module 9 - Requirements Engineering Techniques
- Exam - BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering
For a printable version of the full course overview including a description of the above modules please >>click here.
To view or print the full BCS syllabus for Requirements Engineering please >>click here.
BCS Requirements Engineering Exam Details
Delegates interested in achieving a formal qualification can sit the BCS Requirements Engineering exam on the final afternoon of this course, or at a later time during one of our exam only sessions if preferred. The cost of the exam is included in the course price shown above, regardless of whether or not the exam is taken. The format for the exam is a one hour written (open book) examination based on a business scenario with 15 minutes reading time. Delegates must achieve a mark of 50% or more to pass the exam and obtain the BCS certificate. Requirements Engineering is one of four modules required for the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
Attendees of this course may go on to attend our 5-day BCS Diploma Top Up training course in order to achieve the remaining required modules for the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
A team based case study is used throughout covering all the course modules as well as dealing with:
- User Conflicts
- System integration issues
- Changes to requirements/scope
- Business process changes
- Organisational change
Delegates are encouraged to make short informal presentations at the end of each case study exercise to build their confidence.
There is no pre-reading for this course.
The duration of this course is five days. Courses run from approximately 9.00 until 5.30 daily. During the last 1 hour 15 minutes of the course candidates have the option to sit the BCS exam in Requirements Engineering.
Tea, coffee and cold drinks are available throughout the course, a buffet lunch is also provided. Courses are non-residential, however we can provide a list of recommended hotels close to the venue for those wanting to arrange accommodation.
Click here to see feedback from previous attendees of this course.