Course Dates, Location & Prices
This course is only currently available for on-site delivery. If you would like to arrange this course and exam for a group of delegates from your organisation then please contact us.
This course is not run in our public course schedule.
PRINCE® Foundation - Course Overview
PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide. PRINCE2® provides a common language for all participants in the project and encourages formal recognition of responsibilities within the project and focuses on what a project is to deliver, when and for whom.
There are no pre-requisites in terms of project or work experience to attending the course although having some experience of working in a project environment might be useful.
PRINCE® Foundation - Intended Audience
This course is ideally suited for both aspiring Project Managers as well as experienced Project Managers who have not received any formal training. In addition, those working as a Business Analyst, Team Manager or in a Project Support role would also benefit from attending as well as those involved in Project Board responsibilities
PRINCE® Foundation - Course Objectives
On completing the course delegates will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- The difference between project work and business as usual
- PRINCE2® terminology
- The scope of PRINCE2® – what is / isn't covered
- The PRINCE2® Principles that should apply to every project
- The PRINCE2® Themes that deal with common aspect of Project management
- The PRINCE2® processes including what activities take place in each one and how the processes link to provide an overall framework.
- The PRINCE2® management products
- How PRINCE2® can be tailored to meet the needs of particular projects
PRINCE® Foundation - Course Structure
This 3 day course includes all the elements of PRINCE2® in preparation for the Foundation exam and specifically cover the following:
- Introduction to Projects, Project Management and the 4 integrated elements of PRINCE2®.
- The 7 PRINCE2® Principles
- Starting Up a Project including the Organisation and Business Case Themes
- Initiating a Project including the Risk, Quality and Plans Themes
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery and Managing a Stage Boundary
- Progress and Change Themes
- Closing a Project and Tailoring PRINCE2®
PRINCE® Foundation - Examination Details
The course includes the Foundation exam, which is taken during the afternoon of the 3rd day of the course.
The Foundation exam is a closed book, 1 hour multiple-choice exam where delegates are required to achieve a minimum of 35 correct answers out of 70 to be awarded a pass. Please note that passing this exam is a pre-requisite for sitting the Practitioner exam.
An exam requirement is that delegates must show photo ID to the trainer during the course e.g. Passport, Driving Licence.
PRINCE® Foundation - Accreditation Details
All of our PRINCE2® courses are accredited by APMG – International.
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.
PRINCE® Foundation - Case Study
A team based case study is used throughout dealing with specific areas within PRINCE2® including:
- Characteristic of a project
- Reasons for project failure
- Setting up a project management team
- Managing project-related risks
- Identifying quality requirements
PRINCE® Foundation - Pre-reading
Prior to attending the course, you will be sent details of some pre-course reading, which should take approximately 10 hours to complete.
PRINCE® Foundation - Course Details
The duration of this course is three days. Courses run from approximately 9.00 until 5.30 daily apart from the last day, which will finish by 4.30.
This course is run by Real World Training.