Management of Risk Practitioner
Course Dates, Location & Prices
This course is only currently available for on-site delivery. If you would like to arrange this course and exam for a group of delegates from your organisation then please contact us.
This course is not run in our public course schedule.
M_o_R® Practitioner - Course Overview
Within any organisation, a certain amount of risk taking is inevitable in order that objectives are achieved and opportunities are exploited. Adopting a well-managed risk framework is likely to lead to service improvements and business growth. The M_o_R® Framework provides a structured approach to risk management which can enable organisations to identify, assess and control uncertainties and thereby improve its ability to succeed.
This is an interactive course where delegates are encouraged to learn through a mixture of lectures, exercises and group discussion.
M_o_R®Practitioner - Intended Audience
This course is aimed at those who have previously passed the Foundation exam and now want to increase their level of qualification to Practitioner level.
M_o_R® Practitioner - Course Objectives
On completing the course delegates will have been reintroduced to the key elements of M_o_R® and be able to:
- Understand the definition of risk and risk management
- Understand the background to risk management
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the 8 Principles that underpin the M_o_R® Framework
- Understand the documents that form the M_o_R® Approach that in turn provides an organisation with a tailored risk management procedure
- Fully understand the M_o_R® Process that provides a structured framework to identify, assess and control uncertainties
- Apply techniques that support each step of the Process
- Understand how risk management will be applied differently across organisational perspectives
- Appreciate the importance of embedding and reviewing risk management and the need for continual improvement through supporting tools such as a Health Check and a Maturity Model
- Have a basic awareness of different risk specialisms
M_o_R® Practitioner - Course Structure
Day 1 of this course covers detailed exam scenarios and practice exam questions that allow delegates to become familiar with the style and technique of the Practitioner. During this tutor-led exam practice, delegates will benefit from a refresher of the M_o_R® Framework.
The Practitioner exam is then taken during the morning of the 2nd day of the course
M_o_R® Practitioner - Examination Details
The Practitioner exam is an open book, 3 hour objective test exam set against a scenario. There are 4 complex multiple-choice questions with 20 marks being available for each question. Delegates are required to achieve a minimum of 40 out of 80 marks (50%) to be awarded a pass.
An exam requirement is that delegates must show photo ID to the trainer during the course e.g. Passport, Driving Licence.
M_o_R® Practitioner - Accreditation Details
All of our M_o_R® courses are accredited by APMG – International.
M_o_R® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited.
M_o_R® Practitioner - Pre-reading
Prior to attending the course, you will be sent details of some pre-course reading, which should take approximately 10 hours to complete.
M_o_R® Practitioner - Course Details
The duration of this course is 1.5 days. Courses run from approximately 9:00 until 4:30 on the first day and 9.00 until 1.00 on the second day.
This course is run by Real World Training.