BCS Diploma Top Up
This course includes BCS Modelling Business Processes, Business Analysis Practice and the Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
Course Dates, Location & Prices
|Dates||Location||Price (with exams)||Places Available|
|30 April - 4 May 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||1 Place Remaining|
|25-29 June 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Fully Boked|
|15-19 October 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Places Available|
|10-14 December 2018||London, Regents Park||£1,695 + VAT||Places Available|
Diploma Top Up - Course Overview
This 5-day course is suitable for delegate who have already attended our Fundamentals of Business Analysis including BCS Requirements Engineering course and are now looking to complete the remaining modules for Diploma in as quickly as possible.
This is an exam focussed 5-day course which covers the remaining parts of the syllabus for the BCS certificates in Modelling Business Processes, Business Analysis Practice and the Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis. Exams for these three certificates are taken during the course.
This course has a high intensity level and is exam focussed. Delegates are required to complete around 15 hours pre-reading and 2 hours of pre-work before attending this course.
This course is aimed at Business Analysts who have already taken Requirements Engineering and want to take the remaining written certificates necessary to qualify for the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis in the shortest time possible.
By the end of the course the Business Analyst will be able to:
Modelling Business Processes
- Identify and model core business processes at an organisational level
- Identify the events that trigger the business processes
- Identify the outcomes from the business processes
- Model the actors, tasks and work flows that comprise a business process
- Analyse the tasks within a business process
- Analyse the performance issues of individual tasks
- Identify the performance measures applied within a business process
- Identify managerial issues related to business processes
- Evaluate and improve business processes
Business Analysis Practice (Strategic Business Analysis)
- Describe how a business strategy is developed.
- Use strategic analysis techniques.
- Describe the need for project discipline.
- Explain techniques to investigate an organisation's business systems.
- Describe an approach to improving business systems.
- Explain the importance of stakeholder management and use a stakeholder analysis technique.
- Use techniques for the analysis and modelling of business systems.
- Describe how recommendations for business improvement may be identified.
- Describe the contents of a rigorous business case for the development and implementation of business changes.
- Use investment appraisal techniques.
- Explain the derivation of IT requirements from the definitions of business improvements.
- Explain the importance of assuring the business case once the changes have been implemented.
Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
Delegates will acquire knowledge of:
- the role and competencies of a business analyst
- strategy analysis
- business system and business process modelling
- stakeholder analysis
- investigation and modelling techniques
- requirements engineering
- business case development
- management of business change
- Module 1 (Monday - Tuesday) - Modelling Business Processes
- Module 2 (Wednesday - Thursday) - Business Analysis Practice
- Module 3 (Friday) - Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
Course Pre-work and Reading
There is a compulsory reading list that must be completed by all delegates prior to attending this course. This is available below:
Delegates should spend at least 15 hours completing pre-reading before attending this course.
Delegates should also allow up to 2 hours to complete pre-work for this course. This will be sent with the joining instructions two weeks before the course start date.
Delegates will be asked to do homework/self study during the course. Attendees should plan for around 2 hours of homework/self study on day 1, 3 and 4. This is intended to improve performance in each of the exams.
BCS Examination Details
This course includes 3 BCS exams. The cost of the exams is included in the course price given above.
The BCS exam in Modelling Business Processes is taken on Tuesday, approximately 4.15-5.30pm. The format for the examination is a one hour written open book examination based on a business scenario with 15 minutes reading time. Candidates must achieve 50% to be awarded a pass grade. Candidates who are awarded a pass for the examination are awarded the BCS Certificate in Modelling Business Processes.
The BCS exam in Business Analysis Practice is taken on Thursday, approximately 4.15-5.30pm. The format for the examination is a one hour written open book examination based on a business scenario with 15 minutes reading time. Candidates must achieve 50% to be awarded a pass grade. Candidates who are awarded a pass for the examination are awarded the BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice.
The Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis exam is taken on Friday, approximately 4.30-5.30pm. The format of the examination is a one hour multiple-choice examination consisting of 40 questions. The examination is closed book (no materials can be taken into the examination room). Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 26 marks out of 40 to pass the examination. Candidates who are awarded a pass for the examination are awarded the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis.
The duration of this course is five days. This course runs from 9.00 until approximately 5.30 daily. Optional exam revision sessions are also held Monday and Wednesday 5.30-6.00.
Tea, coffee and cold drinks are available throughout the course, a buffet lunch is also provided. Courses are non-residential, however we can provide a list of recommended hotels close to the venue for those wanting to arrange accommodation.
Part of the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis
The modules of Modelling Business Processes, Business Analysis Practice and Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis included in this course are the remaining modules necessary for those wanting to obtain the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis. Following successful completion of the modular certificates candidates must also take a 1 hour oral exam directly with BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT. The oral exam is not included as part of this course and can only be booked following successful completion of these exams.